E.l.f. Eyelid Primer Collection Review

Hey lovelies! I promised a review about this product on my 7|7|11 haul post so here it is :) A lot of people have be...

Hey lovelies! I promised a review about this product on my 7|7|11 haul post so here it is :) A lot of people have been asking me about this E.l.f. Eyelid Primer Collection that I bought over a month ago already. Today I'm pretty sure that I already have a say about this collection. So for three primers that is over 2.3g each and costs Php249.50, was it really a bargain or a waste of money? :)


Product Info (from E.l.f.): Use the Eyelid Primer available in nude, Pearl, or Champagne prior to makeup application to get longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow. You can wear it alone on your eyelid as a crease-proof eyeshadow to brighten and even your skin tone for perked up eyes or dab it on your brow bone as a shimmery highlighter.

The collection includes three primers in 3 shades (2.3g each): Nude, Pearl, and Champagne. This cost me Php249.75.

This is how the applicator looks like..

when applied.
This is not in a cream form, rather, a liquid yet soft and light type of consistency. You have to spread and blend it immediately upon application because it tends to dry out very quickly. When it dries it becomes hard to blend.

blended
This is how it looks like when blended. I super love the consistency of this primer especially when blended. My eyelids feel super soft and smooth to touch. It makes eyeshadow application very easy especially when blending out colors because the brush glides very easily and smoothly.

As you can see, the first color, Nude blended out very well with my skin tone. It's my favorite among the three. The second color, Pearl; I found too glittery.. It's not great but not bad as well. I tried using this on my brow bone as a brow highlight and it worked well :) The last color, Champagne, is almost the same as Pearl. It's a perfect base for a taupe color e/s and/or any bronze e/s. Champagne is perfect for girls with darker skin tones. I use Nude more often.

Notice how vibrant the colors became after putting on the primer?
I love how vibrant the colors came to be and how it made my eyelids a smooth canvass to work with. Everything just blends flawlessly. The staying power is also great. So if you were to ask me if this collection is a bargain, well, I think that that will depend on your preference. The whole collection works really well. It does it's job pretty good. But personally, I don't really like putting on something glittery on my eyelid that often. I always find myself reaching for Nude every time I do my eye makeup. I only use Pearl sometimes, and Champagne rarely. I'd rather buy the full size of the Nude than this collection.

Before having this primer, what I used was E.l.f.'s studio primer. It's the stick type primer with a liner sealer at the other side of the product. The studio primer, on the other hand, is a cream type. It has this heavy, concealer-like consistency. It doesn't dry out as fast as this but it delivers a better color pay off. I like using both products as a primer and a base. I use the E.l.f. Eyelid Primer to prime my eyelids, then apply the E.l.f. Studio Primer as a base and it works great. I do that almost every time I do my eye makeup ever since I got my eyelid primer :)

Now for the ratings, I would give Nude 5/5 stars, Pearl 3/5 and Champagne a 2.75/5. Overall, I would give this collection 3.5/5 stars. Not bad. Like I said, I'd rather buy the full size of the Nude than this because I don't necessarily need the Pearl and Champagne (Unless you like glittery products). 

So I guess that is it for now! I hope this review helped! Till next! :)

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Hi Janica! Bebenta ko yung Pearl and Champagne ko gusto mo rin benta yung sayo? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review, go for the nude then tayo lahat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really thought, the 3 shades would give the same quality... I have the Nude one, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review thanks for the info Elf Eyelid Premiere Collection.

    Glenn of Gencified

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it's a bargain.where'd u bought it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I've been looking out for reviews for this! The nude one looks awesome! I will definitely try this! ^_^

    ReplyDelete